Brill’s Penrose Flowers is a you-pick flower farm in northwest Whiteside County, just north of Sterling, IL–a half mile west of State Route 40.
Visitors are welcome to stroll through the gardens and pick flowers at their leisure. Everyone is provided with a container of water in which to carry the flowers home and a pair of scissors to return before leaving.
Since the property is all outdoors (no greenhouse), Brill’s is open from Mid-May to early June and closes after frost, from late September to October.
Hours during the season
Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How My You-Pick Flower Garden Works
- Drive to the garden.
- Pick up a container filled with water for your flower bouquet(s) and a pair of scissors.
- Wander between the beds and pick flowers that are blooming and carefully place them in your container.
- Before leaving return the scissors and pay for your bouquet(s). You keep the container and bring it when you return for more flowers.
- Go home and enjoy arranging your flowers.
What can you do while in the garden
- Enjoy picking flowers
- Bring your lunch and sit at a table to enjoy the scenery, birds, butterflies, and sounds of the country.
- Bring your friends and visit while you wander through the garden.
- Play a game of tetherball.
- Enjoy time in the sandbox with your little one.
- Have your meeting in the garden instead of the conference room.
$10 per container of flowers (container goes home with you)