Opening Day for 2021 will be May 29th. We will celebrate Thomson Depot Day from 10:30am - 3pm with depot tours, music, food and a short program, including new displays in the Thomson Schools Annex Building. A reception will be held at the Library.
2021 Summer Hours: Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day - Saturdays and Sundays 1p - 4p
The Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Depot at Thomson was built in the late 1800's shortly after the completion of the track between Fulton and Savanna in 1886. The wooden frame building is typical of the style used by the C.B.&Q. in small villages and towns throughout Illinois during those early days of railroad expansion. It is the last of its kind in Carroll County. This Depot was saved through the efforts of the Depot Committee and several local residents and former residents who through their labor and contributions made it possible to buy the building and restore it. In May of 1986 the Depot was moved to a location 100 feet east of the original site. In 1989 an annex was constructed containing additional space for exhibits and public restrooms.
No admission is charged - donations are accepted.