Lee County Courthouse

Contact Info:

Lee County Courthouse

112 East Second Street
Dixon, IL
Lee County
Share This

The courthouse was completed in 1901, on the site of the original county courthouse building. Land for the courthouse was donated by the founder of Dixon, "Father" John Dixon. A stone marker commemorates a day in 1856 when Abraham Lincoln addressed a crowd assembled on the courthouse lawn.

Additional Info

Address:
112 East Second Street
City:
Dixon
State:
IL
Phone:
815-288-5676
Published in: History and Heritage

NW Illinois Travel Blog

- Latest Post -

  • Loredo Taft dioramas acquired by new Oregon foundation

    January 20, 2019
    A new life for the Oregon Coliseum A recently formed Oregon foundation has acquired three dioramas created by sculptor Lorado Taft (b. 1860 - d. 1936). In 1898, Taft was a founding member of the Eagle's Nest Art Colony in Oregon, IL. Most visitors and locals see his work high above the…
    Read More
Read More Blog Posts...