The Dillon Home is located in the heart of Sterling and is a work of Italianate Architecture, built in 1858 for Civil War Brigadier General, Edward Needles Kirk.
Home to P.W. Dillon, owner of Northwestern Steel and Wire, the home is filled with treasures and virtually un-touched by time and the homes’ grandeur is a remarkable sight. P.W. Dillon’s wife was an avid collector of eclectic pieces and period furniture and unlike other historic home museums, The Dillon Home retains all of the original furnishings and belongings, as the entire estate was donated by the family to the Sterling Park District after PW.’s passing in 1980.
The home is open for tours and is also available for weddings and other events. Unlike any other venue in our region, the manicured, spacious grounds, fountain, and towering two-story enclosed porch will be the perfect setting for any special occasion.
For more information, contact Erin Thompson, Dillon Home Curator
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays:10:00AM, 11:00AM, 1:00PM, 2:00PM & 3:00PM
Fridays: 2:00PM, 3:00PM & 4:00PM
Closed on Sundays
12 & under: Free
Senior (60+): $3.00
Group (20+): $3.00 per person