Built in 1894, the Old Settler’s Log Cabin was built as a lasting tribute to the area’s early settlers. 1969, permission was granted to relocate the cabin to state-owned property that was formerly the site of Fort Dixon. Also on the property is a statue of 23-year-old Abraham Lincoln as he served as a volunteer soldier in the Black Hawk Indian War of 1832. It is the only known statue of Lincoln showing him in military uniform. Located between the bridges on the North side of the Rock River, the cabin is owned and maintained by the Lee County Historical Society and is open on weekends and during the Dixon Petunia Festival which is held the 5 days preceding the 4th of July. The cabin is owned and maintained by the Lee County Historical Society.