A stone and timber cottage in historic Lowell Park, Dixon, Illinois. Designed by Arthur C. Comey, a graduate cum laude of Harvard and recommended by famous Boston landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. Woodcote was constructed with native limestone quarried on-site in beautiful Lowell Park in 1909. Go to the website at top of this page for pricing and availability.
Over-night guests provide their own shower items (soap, shampoo, towels, etc…) and bed linens.
- The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, flatware, drink-ware, pots and pans, utensils, two refrigerators/freezers, stove/oven, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. Details below.
- Six bedrooms upstairs
- Two full bathrooms, with showers, upstairs
- One half-bath on the first floor
- Two working fireplaces. (Dixon Park District will provide firewood as needed.)
- Great Room – three walls of windows, a large stone fireplace, four banquet tables, and accompanying chairs – details below
- Living Room with upholstered furniture and a stone fireplace – details below
- Outside campfire site and grill
A SPECIAL PLACE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
The Living Room, with its elegant library paneling and huge stone fireplace, is air-conditioned.
The Great Room, highlighted with three walls of windows and an immense stone fireplace, provides a sense of being outdoors while enjoying air-conditioned comfort. Banquet tables and chairs are available.
The kitchen is equipped with an electric range/oven, two refrigerators/freezers, a microwave oven, a coffee maker, and pots and pans. Service for 25 includes dishes, glassware, and flatware.
An ADA restroom is located adjacent to the Great Room and the Living Room on the main floor. Two additional restrooms are located upstairs.
- Two front porches.
- Access to 200 acres of park.
- Boat docks and ramps.
- Trash service included.
Today, Woodcote offers a quiet atmosphere with privacy for any occasion such as:
- Art or Antique Shows
- Bird and Wildlife Watching
- Boating Parties
- Bridal or Baby Showers
- Business and Organization Meetings
- Church Activities
- Corporate Retreats
- Family Reunions
- Garden Shows
- Graduation Parties
- Private and Theme Parties
- Weddings and Receptions