Mt. Carroll Christmas Walk & Tour of Homes
Dec 6-7 | Mt. Carroll
The Mount Carroll Chamber of Commerce holds its annual Christmas Walk and Tour of Homes on Friday, Dec. 6th from 4-8 pm and Saturday, Dec. 7 from 10 am- 4 pm.
Christmas Tree Lighting
The lighting of the community Christmas tree takes place in the courthouse square Friday at 4 pm where you can join us for hot soup, hot chocolate.
Tour of Homes
The Tour includes 7 historic stops. Tickets cost $10 and include a tour booklet. Tickets will be on sale at the Kraft Building (320 N. Main St.) both days of the event.
Enjoy the Holiday Market
The historic Kraft Building will also be the location of the Holiday Market held Friday, Dec.6th from 4-8 pm and Saturday, Dec. 7th from 10 am- 4 pm. 20+ vendors will be offering handcrafted items, baked goods, honey, and other foodstuffs perfect for the start of your holiday shopping. There will also be an opportunity to have with Pictures with Santa from 11 am-1 pm assisted by Boy Scout 51. Please bring your own camera. Storm & Friends, the West Carroll high school choral group, will perform from 1:00-1:30 pm.
Other special events taking place include:
* Friday 8 am - 6 pm and Saturday 8 am-noon: Complimentary hot chocolate and cookies at
the Mt. Carroll Banking Center.
* Friday 4-8 pm and Saturday 10 am - 4 pm: kids ‘crafts and face painting at the Carroll County
Substance Education Coalition Bldg (114 W. Market St.)
* Saturday 8 am - 1 pm: The Good Samaritan Auxiliary Bake Sale at the Mt. Carroll Community
House (101 Main St.).
* Saturday 10 am - 4 pm: deposit your children’s letters to Santa in the North Pole mailbox at
Plain Jane’s Vintage Cottage on Clay Street next to the DQ
* Saturday 10 am-Noon - Mt Carroll Twp Library will host music by harpist Alyssa Nelson.
* Saturday 10:30 am: Mt Carroll Twp Library will host children’s craft & storytime
* Saturday Noon - 4 pm: Grab a cup of soup to warm up from at the Mt. Carroll Ins Agency