Rock River Valley Studio Tour
Make this an art weekend!
The Rock River Painter's Guild (RRVPG) first Studio and Gallery Tour last year was such a resounding success, the artists voted to expand it to two days for 2019. “New and Improved” this year, there will be no tickets to buy, no admission fees, and tour maps are free to download just below.
Get your MAP
Free Admission. Maps are available online. https://rrvpg.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/StudioTourMap2019a.pdf
Sponsored by Rock River Valley Painters Guild (RRVPG)
Rock River Valley Studio Tour Returns May 18-19 FREE
All Studios Great and Small – Artists’ studios range from a spare closet to the size of a barn.
Come meet the artists and see the workspaces they have designed for themselves. From Byron to Sterling, 17 artists will greet you and discuss their art. Some will give demos, workshops, and prize drawings.
Six galleries will also be open with special art exhibits.
Kickoff on May 17
The Studio Tour Weekend kicks off with a reception and opening of the RRVPG Members' Summer Show at Woodlawn Arts Academy, Sterling, on Friday evening, May 17th, 5-6: 30 pm.
Included this year are:
- Photography by Bob Logsdon and Karen Hamilton at BYRON MUSEUM OF HISTORY
- Alcohol Ink art, tiles and jewelry by Joanne Farrey at her Oregon home studio
- Ceramicist Dana Russell-Brown’s studio, Saturday
- the historic Eagle’s Nest Art Colony permanent exhibit at OREGON PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Comic Book/Graphic Novel Art exhibit “Graphically Speaking: the Power of Visual Storytelling” at THE OLD SANDSTONE GALLERY in Mt. Morris
- Oil paintings by Ellen Ebert at her Polo home studio
- Oil paintings by Bev Garcia at her Grand Detour studio
- Oil paintings by Becky Hundrieser at her home studio
- Pottery and demos by Sally Jane Cooper and Tonya Hardy at Sally’s CHARA POTTERY STUDIO
- Acrylic landscape, wildlife, and plein air paintings at Lucinda Winterfield’s Lost Lake studio
- Art & Antiques at Dan Letourneau’s Dixon home studio
- “The Great Outdoors” themed show on the first floor of KSB’s Clinic at Commerce Towers
- Illinois Watercolor Society National Show at THE NEXT PICTURE SHOW in Dixon Saturday
- Artist and muralist Annie Hermes will open her new downtown Dixon ANOIS STUDIO
- Watercolor florals and landscapes by Betty Predmore at her Dixon home studio
- Country-flavored watercolors and oil paintings by Jan Harvey at her home studio
- Alcohol Ink demos, abstracts, and collages by Barb Lundeen, and the Rock River Valley Painters Guild Members’ Show at WOODLAWN ARTS ACADEMY in Sterling on Saturday
- Glass art, demos, and workshop by Valerie Butcher, and Acrylic paintings by Cathy Marie Staker at THE CORNER GALLERY in Sterling.
Saturday, May 18 from 10-4; Sunday, May 19 from Noon-4.
Rock River Valley Painters Guild in a not-for-profit sponsoring this event. We encourage and promote art appreciation and education locally with art shows, workshops, an annual Plein Air contest, and our annual Studio Tour. For more information or to open your studio for the tour simply email or visit our website via the links above. Like and follow our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/RRVPG/
Call Barb Lundeen 815-652-2031 or Cindy Winterfield 815-652-3508 for more information.