The Sterling Municipal Band opened its ten-week summer season of "Music Under the Stars" on Wednesday, June 7th at 7:30 pm at the Grandon Civic Center. The Band, under the direction of Jon James, will feature marches from J.J. Richards and John Phillips Sousa and other popular composers.
The Sterling Municipal Jazz Band will also perform on Saturday nights at 7:30 (June 17th, July 1st, July 15th, July 29th). For more information: Go to the website http://www.sterlingmunicipalband.com/
2017 Summer Schedule
- June 14th - Guest Conductor - Gary Aiken, Director of Bands at New Caney High School, Texas
& Clarinet soloist Shandra Helman
- June 21st - Guest Conductor - Col. Alan Bonner, 7th Commander and Conductor of the Air Force Band
- June 28th - Guest Conductor - Bill Peterson Freeport High School - Concert & Marching Band Director
- July 5th - Patriotic Concert complete with Cannons!
- July 12th - Col. Thomas Palmatier - Commander of The US Army "Pershing's Own" for more than 37 years
- July 19th - Kids Koncert
- July 26th - Flute Soloist - Peg Cornils - Luke
- August 2nd - Erik Oberg - Orchestra and Band Director, Sterling Community School & Rock Valley College
- August 9th - Last concert of the season